10 Questions to Increase Engagement with Your Students
Having a tough time grabbing your students attention for a particular class? Try reflecting on these questions as your prep for your lesson.
- What is the big idea for my lesson?
- How can I incorporate movement into this lesson?
- Can I incorporate a dramatic, cinematic score into the climax of my lesson?
- How can I get my students outside my classroom walls for this lesson?
- Could my students demonstrate the main idea of this lesson with play-dough?
- How can I incorporate technology into this lesson?
- Could my students video a summary of the lesson with their tablet for this lesson?
- How does this lesson relate to the lives of my students?
- How can I arrange the desks to maximize the experience for this lesson? Could I eliminate desks for this lesson?
- Why am I teaching this lesson?
This is the first part of an ongoing series on student engagement in the classroom.